Friday, September 18, 2009

The Big Clip and Bonus Box Tops

I have to admit that I have known about the Box Tops for Education program for quite a while and I know we have a little box house on our fridge that my wife puts the labels into, but other than that I had never really looked into the program. So the other night I decided to head over to their web site and learn a little bit more. For those, like me, who do not already know the program will basically give the school $0.10 per box top label that is turned in (check out the Box Tops FAQ for more details).

At first it may not seem like much but when I did some simple math:

100 students bring in 5 box tops per month = 500 per month
500 box tops * $0.10 = $50 per month
$50 * 12 months = $600 per year of free money for items most of us already buy.

That started to get me excited about the possibilities. What if 200 or 300 students participated, $1200-$1800 per year. That may not seem like much but I'm pretty sure that would put smiles on a lot of students when they could participate in an extra activity or play with new equipment at recess.

As I read more on the web site I came across several other great features, The Big Clip, Bonus Box Tops and Coupons.

The Big Clip
The Big Clip is a random drawing that is being held to give away 1 Million box tops to schools. To enter is simple, just go to the website and sign up. Each person is allowed to enter once per day up to the ending date on 10/31/09.

Bonus Box Tops
The Bonus Box Tops page offer more ways to get extra box tops through additional drawing or sweepstakes. Once again entering them is easy and many allow entering every day or week.

Coupons
There is also a entire page of coupons to help you save money on the products that support the Box Tops program. A great example is the coupon for fruit snacks. Many of us buy them for our child's lunch and the coupon saves you $1 when you buy two, but on top of that the fruit snacks have two bonus box tops, three total. So when you buy two you save $1 and the school get $0.60. Sound's like a good deal for what we already have in our cupboard.

There is a lot more on the Box Tops web site and you can even track how our school is doing. I encourage everyone to check it out, tell everyone you know, get Grandparents involved and lets make the best of this Great Opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment